Let our family be your family!
At Mitchell Construction we encourage you to submit an application even if we are not currently hiring. Listed below are some of the trade skills that we hire.
Welder/Metal Building Erector
Electrician (Apprentice and Journeyman)
*All positions do require a valid ID.
CONSTRUCTION COST ESTIMATOR
Mitchell Construction Co., Inc. is growing its business and is seeking an Estimator that can immediately add value to the company as well as integrate with the dynamic, hardworking, and adaptable team that exists today. To be successful, candidates must learn quickly, be self-motivated, possess the highest level of integrity and willing to do what it takes to get the job done on-time while always satisfying our customers.
Job description requirements as follows:
· Prepare detailed cost estimates by analyzing plans and specifications and performing quantity take-offs for select trades. Be technically savvy.
· Develop and prepare conceptual estimates with minimal subcontractor assistance using limited preliminary design documents/information.
· Develop subcontract interest in projects and manage the subcontractor RFP process.
· Qualify and level subcontractors' proposals according to project specifics.
· Itemize trade specific scopes and prepare bid packages.
· Prepare detailed critical path job schedules.
· Continually Marketing the company and looking for future opportunities to grow the business.
· Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times.
· Growth/compensation potential for the right candidate.
· Interact with clients, architects, engineers and Local Jurisdictions to understand and incorporate project objectives, schedules, permits, costs, etc.
Desired Skills and Experience
· Relevant Commercial Construction Estimating experience including conceptual budgeting.
· A leader that assumes total responsibility for their work.
· A Team Player that works well with others and can effectively direct and manage others.
· 4 Year degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or 5+/- years of experience.
· Extensive knowledge of industry practices, procedures, and market trends.
· Dedicated, well organized, able to plan, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks.
· Detailed oriented with the ability to focus on quality, accuracy, and attention to detail.
· Proficient with commercial estimating software
· Maintain professionalism when faced with aggressive deadlines.
· Excellent leadership, personable, communication, and written skills.
· Ability to interact, develop, and maintain a positive professional relationship with all levels of personnel.
· Meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
· Demonstrate commitment to continuous learning.
Please send all resumes and inquires to Autumn Henneke at firstname.lastname@example.org
CONSTRUCTION CONCRETE LABORER
General Summary of the Position
Perform tasks involving physical labor for concrete and masonry construction projects. May operate a variety of hand and power tools. May clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces and concrete forms, clean up rubble and debris and remove waste materials. May assist other craft workers.
- Perform a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor in concrete and masonry construction projects; perform manual work in preparing surfaces for concrete.
- Shovel concrete into construction area.
- Fine grade fill to grades given by foreman.
- Assist in set forms and wall panel forms.
- Maintain a clean job site: pick up all tools and equipment and secure job site each day in order to eliminate potential hazards.
- Material handling and storage.
- Load and unload trucks and haul and hoist materials.
- Ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed. Bring problems to the attention of the Foreman, Safety Director or HR Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Some knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials and supplies used in concrete and masonry construction work.
- Some knowledge of first aid and applicable safety precautions.
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely.
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
Education, Training and Experience
- Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the work.
- Willingness and ability to perform manual work following verbal and written Instructions.
- Regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and concrete.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry objects, use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue and to effectively jump, sprint or throw an object.
- Requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multi-limb coordination.
- Noise level is generally loud.
Must possess or be able to obtain a valid and appropriate state driver’s license prior to employment.